Digital Marketing Specialist
The Digital Marketing Specialist will be responsible for all digital marketing campaigns, including generating leads, conducting market research, and actively engaging with the business to optimize the performance of our digital strategies.
Assist with marketing plans, advertising, direct marketing, and digital campaigns.
- Social media and online content management.
- Website management: updating and editing content.
- Design and management of marketing material.
- Support output for associated marketing campaigns, such as events, conferences, digital initiatives and promotions.
- Elaborate regular reporting of monthly marketing activity.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Marketing and appropriate to the role
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or a related field.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in digital marketing.
- Valuable experience with CRM / Inbound marketing software. Experience with HubSpot is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat required.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing tools and platforms.
- Interest and skills in graphic design and social media.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Organizational skills and ability to successfully carry out projects working remotely.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a cross functional team and across many departments.
- Ability to perform independently with an enthusiastic work ethic, high self-motivation, and willingness to take the initiative, with desire to participate in the growth and success of the company.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in additional languages is a plus.
Our core values stem from being patient and customer centric, collaborative and innovative in our approach. As a company, we strive to deliver innovative genomic technologies which advance liquid biopsy diagnostics and improve cancer patient outcomes worldwide.
Patient and customer-centric, equitable, collaborative, innovative and accountable.
Integrity is central to Nonacus employee behaviour, this is exhibited through being honest and open with our colleagues and customers. By acting professionally and respectful in all matters we ensure that we are a company that say what we mean and deliver what we say.
Nonacus care about its staff and their well-being. We are committed to providing the support to maintain good physical and mental health. As colleagues we care and are empathetic to each other.
Nonacus staff are dedicated to improving patient care through innovation. By listening to each other and our customers, clear communication and being open minded we create solutions that will ensure we deliver on our mission.
What do we offer?
We wish to welcome the candidate in a fast-growing, dynamic and international environment. We will reward you with an attractive compensation and benefits package (including commission plan) and career progression opportunities linked to performance and company growth.
The successful candidate will be expected to be available to start as soon as possible.
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Starting date: ASAP