Probe Design Tool
Good design is key to a successful NGS panel ensuring adequate coverage and robust variant calling.
A good design will deliver a better uniformity of coverage across your targeted regions, reducing your sequencing costs and improving sample throughput.
But a good panel design is not easy to achieve, especially first time.
That’s why we have developed our Probe Design tool, an an intuitive, easy to use, web based software for the design and optimisation of targeted NGS sequencing panels.
- Create designs instantly from scratch using uploaded BED files, gene lists or genomic coordinates
- Customise our catalogue products; add your own content onto one of our fixed panels.
- Easily merge, compare and share panels
- Get coverage data instantly and request a quote
To ensure the best coverage of your regions, the Probe Design Tool:
- Includes an exome gap-fill based on our tried and tested exome products.
- Automatically masks highly repetitive regions maximising your chance of success (although if you want to include them, you can unmask them).
Note that access to the Probe Design Tool requires a login to My Nonacus; you can create one if you don't already have one by clicking on the ‘Start your panel design’ link below:
Thank you for putting our Probe Design Tool to the test in December. You helped us raise money for 5 charities that support research into genomic healthcare.
Throughout December, each panel design created using our Probe Design Tool initiated a donation to a charity and was represented by a coloured bauble on our virtual tree.
The promotion is closed for now but if you have any suggestions for charities to support next year, please let us know.